February 4, 2013

Green and Fluffy

What's "green and fluffy"? My long-time-no-finish project! It's a carpet that I've been making since last summer. The process seems tedious but there is a kind of meditative quality to doing a simple, repetitive task for a long time. It's very relaxing.  

 

Just the other day I finished cutting and dying a new batch of fabric strips.



This is one of my favorite spots in the house. It's ideal for reading and drinking tea. The mushroom chair is perfect, and the fuzzy carpet will make the area bare-feet friendly. 



I can't wait to come home tonight, put on a movie, and continue weaving! 



9 comments:

  1. It's awesome! I like variation of color, it looks truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the green color too, I think it's my favorite right now :)

      Delete
  2. The living room shot is really good, I see your amaryllis is ready to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for the second time now. Best winter plant :)

      Delete
  3. You have done so much already! This is exactly how I feel most of the time - I just want to come home, curl up in an arm chair and knit to a good movie. Awesome! I want to see your house some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - do I ever love that rug!!! Oh wow.
    : )

    ~Monika in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...